When socks are more than socks part 1: The hair accessory
Posted by Katrina
In my time as a SOCKSHOP team member, I have on occasion come across a number of people - either friends, family, or social media folk - who on finding out what I do exclaim that ‘socks are just socks!’
Naturally, they are politely but firmly informed of just how fab socks are, and can be. But now I feel the need to demonstrate on here all the cool and daft things you can do with socks (aside from wear them on your feet).
So first up, the sock bun - a smart hairstyle which looks great paired with a stylish outfit on a night out.
To do it you will need:
1) Tie your hair into a ponytail and secure it close to the crown of your head using an elastic hairband.
2) Find a spare sock that you aren’t going to wear again - maybe one of those stray odd socks that have been hanging around for a while?
3) Cut off the toe, or foot if like us you are using a knee-high, and roll into a donut shape.
4) Place the donut on the edge of the ponytail and pull the tips of the hair through the centre hole. Smooth the hair over the donut and tuck underneath.
6) Secure in place with a few hair pins and you’re done!